Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Roots Blower Fuel atomization question

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roots Blower Fuel atomization question

I've done the calculations for the proper size carb for my set up and it needs to flow about 350 cfm. I understand the downside of having a carb that is to big is in lower rpm's air velocity is low causing fuel not to atomize as well as if it was higher. Now this leads to my question. If the carb is sitting on top a roots blower won't the blower atomize the fuel almost entirely? Therefor I could run the 600cfm holley I currently have and not notice any difference in the lower rpms?

Sorry for the long winded question. Just trying to wrap my head around all this.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 186 Likes on 111 Posts

What roots blower is going on an engine that small? A 600 Holley is on the small side for a blown gen I small block chevy. I've seen more than a few roots blown small blocks chevys with two 660 Holleys. I can't imagine any V8 motor that would be over carbed with a 600 Holley on top of the blower.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ sorry I should have been more specific it's a bit of a unique set-up. The blower moves 71 ci per revolution. It's on top of an old 60v6 2.8l gm motor. The block is bored with a 3.1 crank so it's more like a 3.2l. This explains the need for a smaller carb. If the only reason why I am changing to a smaller carb is for better fuel atomization then I am beginning to think the change is unnecessary as I've been led to believe that roots blowers do a very good job of atomizing the fuel on their own.

Quick Reply: Roots Blower Fuel atomization question