Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharger belt size

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 11:01 AM
TECH Resident

Received 69 Likes on 40 Posts

Default Procharger belt size

I am currently in the process of transitioning from a D1SC to an F1A head unit. I have worked with Bob @ Brute Speed to get that on order. I am currently waiting for the head unit to show up but trying to finalize my build to keep the downtime to a minimum.

My last item in question is the size of the belt for the setup. I have a stock bottom LS1 and I am going to do my best to keep that alive with the F1A (good luck huh!). I have ordered a 5.25" pulley and have looked at the following chart from Bob's website:

http://shop.brutespeed.com/ATI-DPxxx...-ATI-DPxxx.htm

It appears I would run a 42.7" belt if I were running a standard 7.65" crank pulley. I am currently running the 7.25" SDCE crank pulley.

A simple calculation to find the difference is size is the following:
(7.65-7.25) * Pi (3.14) = 1.25"

I am assuming I would need to run the 41.5" belt based on my pulley sizes.

Is there anybody out there with a similar setup to verify this?

I also sent a note to SDCE to see if they can help out.

Thank you for your help.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:35 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Is their anyone with an SCDE system on here that can offer any assistance? Thanks. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 04-14-2011, 09:18 AM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

(Disclaimer* I'm assuming you are just using the SDCE crank pulley, not the full SDCE spring tensioner setup)

I can tell you that your calculation method is not correct. First, you would need to know what the belt wrap around the crank pulley is for that setup. The formula for arc length is S=r*θ where S= arc length, r= radius, and θ= the angle (in radians) of the circle. Your formula essentially calculates the total arc length of 100% belt wrap on a .4” diameter pulley. Knowing the circumference of a 0.4” pulley is entirely worthless to you in this situation. Secondly, I can guarantee you that you will not have 360° (or 2 pi) of belt wrap of the crank pulley.

You could try to find a picture of a setup with a big head unit pulley and try to measure the amount of wrap on the crank pulley. You could do that with a protractor relatively easy. But for example, if it has 200° of belt wrap, arc length would = (7.25/2) * (200 * (pi/180)) = 12.65. Do that again for the 7.65 pulley (13.35) and then subtract the results (13.35-12.65 = 0.7) and that will be the difference in belt size. Of course, this will be off a little since the amount of belt wrap would also vary due to diameter of the crank pulley. So this is not an exact method, but it will at least get you in the ballpark.

You can always just get everything setup and then run a string around the whole setup then measure the string to get close too.

Quick Reply: Procharger belt size