Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

fuel system question...

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 10:57 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Default fuel system question...

I have a question about a buddies car who isn't much for forums. He has a 01 ws6 6sp manual. he bought the car with a forged 346, blower cam, P1SC, moser 12 bolt, racetronix pump w/harness and 60 lb/hr injectors. Its currently running 9-10 psi. Never had it dynoed. He is interested in getting the D1SC but we have concerns about the fuel system. Im guessing his car to be 500-550whp now based on my ls knowledge/street races of cars with known traps/power, etc... How much power will he gain on the same pulley with a D1 and how much power will his fuel system support the way it is now with stock rails?

Thanks guys
Old 05-08-2011, 01:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been doing alot of research for this because I am bolting on a D1SC on my 01 WS6 right now. The Racetronics pump is probably perfect for his current set up, but he could run the risk of the pump not being able to keep up with the fuel demand on a D1. With my set up I should be right around 600 to 630 rwhp and the Racetronics pump would be right on the edge.

Personaly I am going to go with a Lonnies double pumper set up. It uses the stock fuel basket and float with two Racetronics pumps in the basket. The motor will run on one pump until it comes under boost. Then the second pump kicks in to support the added fuel demand. It is also plug and play. No extra harnesses or wire work needed. No extra plumbing either.

http://www.lonniesperformance.com/fbodyfuelsystems.htm

I don't know what your buddies plans are, but if he wants to upgrade his P1 I would tell him to look in to the price difference between upgrading to a D1 or an F1. Plus he may want to look in to a bigger intercoolers and should definatly get a tune after the upgrade. Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

one pump with a proper boost reference reg will do just fine with the P1 and also with the D1 at low boost levels. I would recommend twin Walbros and a boost ref reg with the D1 though
Old 05-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Staging Lane

well we would obviously re-tune it but he doesn't wanna spend the extra money on the fuel system along with the D1 if it won't support it at the same boost.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:09 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"Hotrod God"... thanks for the reference.

A D-1SC can get you over 750rwhp if the engine is up to the task.

I generally do not recommend much over 550rwhp on a single pump. You are on the edge at this point, & engine damage can happen rather quickly at this power level if you lean it out. I recommend you upgrade your system for safety.

The dual pump setup will give you all the fuel you need. Stock lines & rails will get you to around 700rwhp without much problem.

After this you need some line upgrades.

Feel free to give me a call if I can be of assistance.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:50 PM
Staging Lane

^ Hey, thanks for your help. I just might call soon.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:08 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I ran out of fuel around 580rwhp and that was only spinning it to like 5k. I had the Racetronix w/ hotwire kit. I would recommend at least getting the dual intank and getting the lines later on.

Quick Reply: fuel system question...