Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Moroso open pan or Improved Racing insert?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 03:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Moroso open pan or Improved Racing insert?

Thinking about getting the Moroso 21150 oil pan. Theres very little information or feedback on it through the search function. Of the 8 things I found though, someone commented that they had a problem with theirs... some kind of build quality issue, and Moroso refused to replace or repair it. Who here runs it? Any issues? Would you get it again or do something else? The pan is $650 plus another $200 roughly for the remote oil filter set-up- but I'll make my own. Plus I can probably sell my stock stuff for $200.

I was looking at the Improved Racing Insert as well but it leaves the pick-up in the stock location where the Moroso oil pan has trap doors and moves it further back and down low. It is $200- so roughly 1/3 the price. Anybody have it? Impressions?

This is going into my Camaro btw. Not a track car, just a fun street car that will see 2nd thru 5th gear blasts on the highway.

Thanks.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:14 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the improved baffle and it is a really nice piece. I have had no issues in my fun street car that sees the drag strip and occasional road course.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SStolen
Thinking about getting the Moroso 21150 oil pan. Theres very little information or feedback on it through the search function. Of the 8 things I found though, someone commented that they had a problem with theirs... some kind of build quality issue, and Moroso refused to replace or repair it. Who here runs it? Any issues? Would you get it again or do something else? The pan is $650 plus another $200 roughly for the remote oil filter set-up- but I'll make my own. Plus I can probably sell my stock stuff for $200.

I was looking at the Improved Racing Insert as well but it leaves the pick-up in the stock location where the Moroso oil pan has trap doors and moves it further back and down low. It is $200- so roughly 1/3 the price. Anybody have it? Impressions?

This is going into my Camaro btw. Not a track car, just a fun street car that will see 2nd thru 5th gear blasts on the highway.

Thanks.
There are some reviews from people who have bought the improved racing piece on their site if that helps any or if havent read them. Someone even posted a video of how well it works for their car. Check it out. Looks like a nice piece and made in USA always makes me feel better when I make those purchases.

info on Moroso pan:Moroso Street/Strip Pans are wet sump pans intended for street-performance machines that occasionally see some track time. They are modified with either a Deep Sump or Kicked-Out Sump for increased capacity to improve oil control under hard acceleration and to help the engine run cooler. Moroso Street/Strip Oil Pans are designed for simple bolt-on installations in production chassis.

Deep Sump Oil Pans offer improved oil control over stock pans because of their increased capacity. Many are specially baffled with a swinging trap door. The one-way baffle keeps oil contained in the pickup area to prevent oil starvation under hard acceleration.

Kicked-Out Sump Oil Pans offer increased oil capacity without restricting ground clearance or having the oil too close to the crankshaft. Trap door baffles are also included to provide a constant supply of oil at the pickup under street-performance and racing conditions.

Note : Moroso is currently switching their oil pans from a painted finish to a clear zinc finish. Once painted pan inventory is diminished all pans will feature the new clear zinc finish.

Last edited by Fb0dy0nly; 05-12-2011 at 05:44 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:53 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Fb0dy0nly
Note : Moroso is currently switching their oil pans from a painted finish to a clear zinc finish. Once painted pan inventory is diminished all pans will feature the new clear zinc finish.
Or Aluminum.

Quick Reply: Moroso open pan or Improved Racing insert?