Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Lt1 powerdyne

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 10:55 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lt1 powerdyne

Anybody have any experience with a install on one of these? Theres one for sale on here. I know the power gains with the 4.5 or 6 pound pulley would be the same as a cam or alittle better with 6 pound pulley. The reason Im thinking of going this way is because as the car sits now its a full bolt on lt1 that runs in the high 12 area at 107ish 108 mph depending on weather. For me the car is to nice to crack open the motor for a cam swap or h/c combo. It I ever sell it, its easier to remove the super charger and return to so what stock then having a cam in there.. Ive read mixed reviews on the powerdyne and understand bad news travels more then good...... Thanks guys
Old 05-16-2011, 11:42 AM
Teching In

I have a powerdyne, 6psi setting (currently)... it's very straight forward install, if you plans are to sell it later, then you can remove it without any issues.
As far as power, you can expect with the 6psi between 75 to 90 depending on your setup. Reliability is an issue, the internal belt and the bearings (if you over tighten the belt)tends to break if you go over 6psi..., but if you keep it at that level, it could last a long time.

I recently order a performance rebuilt kit from 928 motorsports, and plan to upgrade to 8/9psi…

My goal was 400whp (I also have water/meth inj.), and I will be happy with that… if you later plan to go over that, then Vortech or Procharger would be a better route.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:27 AM
Teching In

what would the install be compared to, difficulty wise? Changing a water pump or power steering pump?

Quick Reply: Lt1 powerdyne