Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

APS Fbody Kando water lines VS stock APS

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 04:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default APS Fbody Kando water lines VS stock APS

Hey guys,

Ok so here is the scenario... I am having a dilemna with my new Kando Dynamic Centers for the APS Fbody kit. It is the cooling line routing and which ports are blocked off on the the housing. I am uploading a simple drawing of it, and I will try to upload actual pictures when I get the time. I didnt really want to re-route the water lines, but I guess I will if I have to.

But the main problem, is this: The factory APS center housings, where there is a water block off, the port is still threaded, and then there is a screwed in block off in it (GOOD!), on the Kando's, they had pressed in block offs, that are in to unthreaded ports (Bad!). So I didnt really find this all out until I took the Kandos to the machine shop to get the pressed in block off plugs removed. So I figured I could thread them no problem, but the thread size will be bigger than the other water ports, thus I couldnt reuse my bolts, and maybe my line ends would have to change too.

What would you guys recommend?
1. Stay with the way the Kando's come (Change water line routing)?
2. Fix it all up to the factory APS routing.

I think there are only about 5 Kando users on here, but what did you guys do with this? Thanks in advance for the help!

Old 06-22-2011, 05:46 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Its simple, don't get complicated with it. Tap the new Kando centers and move on. All you have to have is two new fittings that are what ever thread size you use to a #4AN fitting and they should work just like the APS original stuff. I haven't looked, but I believe that is the size APS used on the water lines. So just make sure that is the size, don't just take my word for it. I don't have an APS kit I just remember looking at thier installation instructions a while back etc... GL! Doesn't sound like a hard fix to me at all.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was looking at that today and had the same thought/question. I planned to see if there were any fitment issues with the Kando ports, and if so, re-tap as Jeff suggested.

Good diagram btw...
Old 06-22-2011, 06:49 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah cool, I am fixing to go check it out again, and figure out a solution. I will post up with my results.

Quick Reply: APS Fbody Kando water lines VS stock APS