Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

truck manifold questions...

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 09:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default truck manifold questions...

I am slowly saving up for my future turbo build. im currently a nitrous setup full bolt ons car and was spraying a 150 shot all the time with a occasional 200 shot.... but i have the turbo itch and now wanna go that route.

my build will be a budget minded truck manifold setup. i am new to this all and i know how the truck manifold setups work but my question is this...

instead of using truck manifolds could you use truck shorty headers that use a 3 bolt flange? i used to have shorties on my car and now have mac mids but would like to keep a header over a truck manifold to keep it cleaner looking and keep ease of plug changes... so has anyone used truck shorty headers instead of truck manifolds? and whats the reason why or why not?

Thanks guys!
Old 06-29-2011, 10:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can use whatever you want. Just more work.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gsxr1k2
see thats what i figured... if they were a direct replacement for truck manifolds then it shouldnt be more work. but i figured it would work fine...

and i read your topic here. im mystictealz28 from gmvsworld... i may need guidance along the way with this. im clueless on boosted stuff lol
Old 06-30-2011, 02:31 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by gsxr1k2
why do you say it would be more work? it wouldn't be any different than the manifold setup.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:11 AM
Launching!

Thats a great idea (shorty headers) but have you seen the tubes on the front two cylinders ? i looked through them and imo the gibsons look the best ,but still kinda ugly..i guess if you changed the tubes and changed to v-bands they would look good , but there almost 500 bucks! I chose the truck manis (they were free) and put them on my racecar and thought they looked stock and booty ,, but once i painted them and put the heat shields on them and v-bands they actually dont look that bad , and the spark plug access is fine .. i dont know ,now that you mentioned the shortys iam kinda thinkin about them now too lol ,, thanks jerk ill never get my car done lol..

at first i was like hell no!

then they started looking better

I guess they do the job , but tubes would look better maybe ? good luck in your build =)
Old 06-30-2011, 08:15 AM
Staging Lane

I think the cast manifold would hold up better under heat.

Quick Reply: truck manifold questions...