Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Eboost2 setup help

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 07:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Eboost2 setup help

I have this controller and it seems to be a nightmare. After reading the 100 page directions I thought I had figured it out.
Im trying to figure out the values in the set points (stupid, why couldnt you just enter psi?) So I go to BG1 and put a number in there for SP1, press "mode" to save it.
Then shut it off and back on and its zero again. WTF?

Also when you turn the key on it always reads 1.6 and I went though to the "re-zero" part of it and it doesnt really tell you what to do when you get to the re-zero. I tried everything and it wont work. The directions are really vague.

In a scale of 1-10 how user friendly is this thing supposed to be? And do they make a easier controller to use? Im about ready to toss it.

thanks.
Old 07-02-2011, 07:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It's a pain and I'm still learning mine.I wish I could help some more. I'll go out to mine and check it out. It's been 6 months since I've touched it.
Old 07-02-2011, 07:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow, that really turns me off wanting to get one. I know several people here on the boards that use that controller, but I have no clue how they like it.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Ya i dont understand how you put in boost settings. When I just entered one in for set point 1 and didnt restart the car, the number stayed at 5, I made a test pass and it seemed crazy, directions say to start out at like 20, and you can go from 0-99.
The peak hold boost button said I reached 17.2 psi. WTF? My over boost is set at 17, I was aiming for 7-10psi for set point 1. I dont understand how the gate pressure setting works either.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:58 PM
10 Second Club

I would be very very careful if I were you.

What is done to the motor?
Old 07-02-2011, 10:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go to their website..they have a few videos to watch and will help out alot more than reading about it
Old 07-03-2011, 02:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Eboost 2 is a great boost controller and does a lot. It took me a little bit to learn mine but like everything else in life, once I figured it out and had an understanding of it, I asked myself why it took me so long to get the hang of it bc it seemed so easy. Like the person above, I haven't touched my car in a long time, about two years, so I will have to get familiar with it again but I'm not worried at all.
Sounds like you're not saving your settings. There is a 'save' portion after entering your values. Don't give up, it's not as bad as you think.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:55 PM
9 Second Club

its really quite simple. Read the instructions again if you don't understand.

the 0-99 SP setting is solenoid duty cycle which directly affects your achieved boost.

most cars don't even respond until about 30 setting and above, some take more. Every setup is different.

the GP setting is when you want the wastegate to open. IT IS in PSI. IF it is set higher than your target boost, you will have a boost spike. Usually 4-5 psi below target is good.

if your overboost setpoint is lower than your base wastegate spring, it won't do anything. Make sure you have the right WG spring installed.

sensativity can also cause a spike. You want to adjust it as high as you can without getting a spike.

those are the basics. IT has a lot more functionality, I love it.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:20 PM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

Although with regards the re-setting. I did actually have a faulty unit once, where every time you turned it off, it reset everything. Was very frustrating !!
Only found out by swapping it for another unit I had

They really are great boost controllers though.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To save a value under sp1 you would have to press and hold the mode button several times to get to where it saves. I would recommend testing the car with the settings at zero and make sure the car controls boost on the spring correctly.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:14 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by black98ws6ta
To save a value under sp1 you would have to press and hold the mode button several times to get to where it saves. I would recommend testing the car with the settings at zero and make sure the car controls boost on the spring correctly.
That sounds like the safest bet first.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:44 AM
10 Second Club

Don't go by the intructions when setting it up. I literally had to start at sp1,gp1,sn1 all at 0 and slowly work my way up from there. Now I have boost by gear setup with controls on my steering wheel and it works great. It shouldnt lose the settings though...sounds like the controller is messed up. Even when I reset the battery the settings are saved. I use no more than SN at 15(its different with every setup) But to get and hold 13psi on my car its SP42 GP9 SN15 and in 3rd gear it hits and holds 13psi easy..however that setup acts differently in 4th gear...kind of hard to explain but once you play with it(for a while) you'll like it.

Quick Reply: Eboost2 setup help