Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

small turbo bad?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 02:16 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you have an oil drain scavenge pump ?
Old 08-10-2011, 10:07 PM
TECH Resident

yeah its got one about 1-2ft after turbo and i see oil draining back into engine np, and i know i didnt get pics up, but tomm morn im really gunna try lol, ill take of the whole system

btw bought a master power turbo heres specs

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Maste...Q5fAccessories

should have room to grow with this lol
Old 08-11-2011, 11:41 AM
TECH Resident

heres what i got, some stuff looks alittle rough and it will be redone when i get my new turbo (mainly the rear part) but this is what i got

Old 08-11-2011, 01:02 PM
Launching!

Looks like it will work ,not too sure how reliable it will be .. i think your scavenge location is too high , anything between your check valve and turbo drain will back flow into the turbo after shut down ,so that might be where your getting your oil leaks from (pump being mounted so high).. try to mount the pump closer to the turbo at more of the drain level , that will give you less oil to back flow into the drain ,, good luck with your build
Old 08-11-2011, 01:39 PM
TECH Resident

not sure if ill be able to move the pump any were else, or if i do it wont be much lower, only other thing ii can thnk of is bolt it to bottom of the trunk but still be about the same height and theres a check valve right before turbo on the feed line, and should i wait and see if this new turbo does it, or can it hurt the turbo? and also ive thoguht of doing this, i ran the pump to the ON key position so what ive done is when i shut the car off i turn it back to on for 3-5 secs to let the pump suck out the rest of the oil with out pumping new in, is this bad and or will it work? havnt done it enough to see if its worked
Old 08-11-2011, 01:40 PM
TECH Resident

any one have any pics of were or how the STS system runs there pump and were?
Old 08-11-2011, 01:51 PM
Launching!

To original poster,
Good idea to scrap the t04e for ur build, these turbo's are not efficient for our motors, even rearmount, regardless of what tranny is used. That MP turbo is gonna take u to the land of forced induction small block smiles and keep you there so long as u stop your oil leak. Sell that useless t04e unless u got a little 4-banger front mount turbo project your working on. T04e is useless on a small block unless ur gonna run twins. However stick that little T04e on a little KA 240sx or any DOHC lightweight car ie:civic si, and watch how quick a crappy 15+ second 4-banger walks all over most bolt on n/a smallblocks. Incredible how just 10 psi on these tiny motors with a tiny turbo (t04e) can yield a power/weight ratio better than most n/a small block powered cars. Well enough about how easy and cheap those 4-bangers guys have it compared to us turbo small block guys. Nothing like the sound of a small block v8 spooling up IMHO... That's why I still have mine, turbo v8 ftw!

Quick Reply: small turbo bad?