Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Supercharged under 9 psi?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 05:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercharged under 9 psi?

I have one vehicle supercharged and a long list something like the sticky above, it was a great learning experience. Now that I have an LS1 I am asking myself the same question but with a different approach. When I read "the real price of forced induction", I know that road! With our engines/vehicles, has anyone just kept it modest and not had to extensively modify the rest of the vehicle? Intercoolers are essential but also create pressure drop. What about running 7 psi or 9 psi with water/methanol injection and a conservative tune? Can you run 6/7 psi with a stock tune? My question really is, $6000.00 is the entry fee for Vortech or Procharger kits 9 psi intercooled, worth every penny! I want less power, less heat, longer life and no broken parts or extensive chassis & drive train reinforcements! Can it be done right modestly and on a budget? Is it possible to SC the life of the vehicle and drive reliably? Thanks for your replies, and try not to laugh! Les...
Old 08-04-2011, 07:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the entry level blower kits are just that they come with most everything you need to bolt it on the the stock motor and go.. i think some of them come with a handheld tuner with a preset tune in it

a procharger p1 or d1sc is right up your alley just make sure to get the full kit.. im sure you could bolt it on in your drive way in a weekend and drive to work on monday..

Quick Reply: Supercharged under 9 psi?