Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

True duals on a twin turbo setup

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 10:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default True duals on a twin turbo setup

Anyone else running td's on their tt? Im sure its going to have a distinctive sound. I'm thinking of mounting. Bullet style on the passenger side then over the axle, or go over the axle with a muffler on each side.

Any pics or video of your setup?
Old 08-27-2011, 12:47 PM
TECH Addict

I know there aren't many guys running twins. Are they all dumping them into one pipe? Just trying to get an idea how much duals are going to tone these twin 78's down for street driving.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:21 PM
TECH Regular

I don't think you're gonna have to worry about the car being loud with the exhaust note. It's a personal preference on what you want to do with the car. It's not like you're wanting to run downpipes out the front fenders lol...

If you're wanting to run duals then do something similar to the Kooks setup or you could do a single exhaust and a V-Band Flange where you can remove the rear section and muffler when you go to the track.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You could do duals up to a certain point(say rear axle or tranny k-member) and then do a merge like Brian suggested with a v band clamp to make it easy to remove. After the merge into one pipe you could run a bullet muffler or chambered muffler of your choice to keep it nice and toned down. I would do 3" DP's and at the v-band up it to 3.5" or 4" single.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm putting a kooks true dual setup on my car once I get the car together. That is still a ways away but they make a very nice product. Spendy but nice.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:32 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine is duals from the downpipes that Y into a 4" down the tunnel and over the axle and Y back to 3" pipes out with bullets in the tail pipe sections. Seems to flow just fine and is actually a little loud (only on roadtrips). But I like it around town.

Quick Reply: True duals on a twin turbo setup