Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

is this kit worth it

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 02:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is this kit worth it

hey i was wondering if this kit would be worth the money he said 2500 and he keeps the alternator and we trade oil pans http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/pts/2640126225.html let me know thanks
Old 10-10-2011, 05:28 PM
On The Tree

no one?
Old 10-10-2011, 07:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it was me, I won't even consider it unless, I could actually see all the parts that he got listed in person, $2500 sounds way too good for all the parts that's suppose to come with it. Just way too much scam or the very least, over-exagerations on craig's list. Years ago, I bought my first (suppose to be a complete kit according to the seller) single turbo kit from a private seller of e-bay, to make a long story short, I could have bought a brand new kit after all the money I had to put in it to make it a usable complete kit. Either buy from one of sponsors here or buy a used kit from a member here that have a good history.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:37 PM
On The Tree

okay well i would be looking at this kit in persom and was just wondering if he did have all the supposed parts it would be a gppd deal
Old 10-10-2011, 07:45 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The godspeed kit is the ebay TTi knock off I think?
Old 10-10-2011, 08:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LSjim
okay well i would be looking at this kit in persom and was just wondering if he did have all the supposed parts it would be a gppd deal
Well, to me things that tells me BS are like...he indicated that all parts are brand new and installed for mock-up only, and stated that the headers are suppose to be ceramic coated and wrapped, and then re-coated, but from what I see they look like they're just painted and they're peeling-off already, and then what is that finned tube on the turbo compressor outlet, is that suppose to be the "pre-intercooler"???!!! and where's the cross-over pipe? I don't know man, but it's up to you.
Originally Posted by Louis
The godspeed kit is the ebay TTi knock off I think?
Louis, I think TTi race kit's turbo is located on the passenger's side with the compressor's inlet pointing to the front, this one is on the driver's side with the compressor inlet pointing the right side.

Last edited by Boo"SS"t; 10-11-2011 at 06:11 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:35 PM
On The Tree

I've bought a used Turbonetics turbo before from a guy claiming it was in perfect working order, it had no shaft play, no oil leaks and looked great. I ended up not using it and selling it to a friend. Well when he installed it the turbo leaked oil into the exhaust and smoked like crazy. Point is sometimes a deal isn't a deal. I'd rather spend the extra money and know exactly what i'm getting because I bought it.

Quick Reply: is this kit worth it