Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Ati damper

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 10:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ati damper

trying to get this damper on and just cant get it to line up with the belt, its sticks out about 1 groove. seems like I got the wrong hub or something. anyone ever run across this problem, I really dont want to run the procharger on stock damper.... here is a pic of ATI damper vs stock one... I talked to ATI and they said I have the right stuff, I just cant figure out what Im doing wrong if the problem is on my end...anyone ever have an issue?

Ati damper-imag0790.atijpg.jpg
Old 12-16-2011, 10:06 AM
10 Second Club

Have you put it on? Are you sure its bottoming out? Did you have the timing gear off? Is it bottomed out?

Tha ATI damper is thicker at the lip so it will appear that it is not the same size, measure it and you will find that its the same.

Whats the model number?
Old 12-16-2011, 01:45 PM
On The Tree

916812 is the only number I could find on the inner shell, the hub number is 916031s
Old 12-16-2011, 01:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that looks like mine, when its bottomed out there should be a lip in the hole of the balancer that is .256in off the snout of the crankshaft. use the back side of some dial calipers to measure this. thats what I came up with when I measured mine. FYI replace that front seal before final installation otherwise it will leak. ive had no luck reinstalling a balancer trying to reuse them.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:40 PM
On The Tree

Well double checked everything and its bottomed out for sure... I measured the the stock damper from where the seal sits back the measurement is identical on both dampers so now I'm positive It's all the way back but ATI damper still sticks out. At first I couldn't tell but when I turn the car on I saw the belt kept trying to come off then I saw it wasn't lining up... ATI is stumped on this as well so I'm shipping it back for them to look at. I kept thinking it was on my end but I already talked to a few different ppl on here and no one has seen this... Thanks for the input guys.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:07 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member
Question

Originally Posted by solo21
Well double checked everything and its bottomed out for sure... I measured the the stock damper from where the seal sits back the measurement is identical on both dampers so now I'm positive It's all the way back but ATI damper still sticks out. At first I couldn't tell but when I turn the car on I saw the belt kept trying to come off then I saw it wasn't lining up... ATI is stumped on this as well so I'm shipping it back for them to look at. I kept thinking it was on my end but I already talked to a few different ppl on here and no one has seen this... Thanks for the input guys.
Let us know what you find out. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Quick Reply: Ati damper