Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Centering Supercharger Crank Pulley

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 11:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Centering Supercharger Crank Pulley

I have a 93 Trans Am 383 stroker with a procharger on it. The bolts from the S/C pulley lined up on the engine crank pulley just fine. I started it and notice that the tensioner on the supercharger was jumping bad and looked down and saw that the S/C pulley was wobbling pretty bad. It has an aftermarket engine crank pulley and it has different holes in it to mount a supercharger pulley. There are three holes open and then there are six holes that have allen bolts in them. So my bolts that I have didnt fit in the ones that are open so I took off the allen bolts that are covering up the threads. I moved the supercharger pulley around until the bolts on my S/c pulley fit in there and its obvious that its not alined right and just seeing if anyone had this problem to and if there is something I can use to get this pulley centered!

Thanks, mxdirtking
Old 01-07-2012, 02:31 PM
Teching In

Well I went to town and got the bolts to fit the holes that are open and its the same thing! So ive tried every pattern on that engine crank pulley and its not centered at all and there is no play in the S/C pulley its just not centered. So I need a different S/C pulley or something. Has anybody had this problem!? Please help.

Thanks, mxdirtking
Old 01-08-2012, 12:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts

A few options

1) Replace with a quality pulley

2) Take it to a competent machine shop and have them center it. They wont need the engine, just the pulley and possibly the hub it rides on
Old 01-08-2012, 02:18 PM
Teching In

I'm gonna call Procharger on monday and see what they say. Yeah ill probably have a machine shop center it because its like the bolt holes are off or something!

Quick Reply: Centering Supercharger Crank Pulley