Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

turbo advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 11:00 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo advice

I just purchased a 97 c5 Corvette. It has a 408 with a hinson Turbo kit on it. The Turbo is a t76 turbonetics .96a/r and 3 inch dp. and air to water intercooler. I'm swap the intercooler to air to air. Like to upgrade the Turbo. But it a thight fit. I put a cowl Hood on so I have a bit more room now. I was looking at a supert78 turbonetics from forced induction. Any other advice or Turbo I should look at. I know I should have a 88. Just don't think it will fit
Old 01-18-2012, 11:15 AM
Launching!

Also its a t4 flange. And this is my first Turbo car. And just learning about how they work. I would like to make 800rw. I am also planning on adding Meth also.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:35 AM
TECH Resident

call turbonetics or get with their website and find the drawings on turbo sizes. find your T series drawing.

then compare to others. Being these are engineered pieces they will have dimensional drawings, even garrett, and others.

you will likely need an 80mm to make that minimum...I'm not certain though.

FYI, the TC series "compact" are roughly ~1 inch to 1.3 inches smaller. Obviously you don't get quite the performance out of them as you would a full sized T series.