Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

New Magnacharger Build Plans

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012 | 11:24 AM
TECH Resident

Default New Magnacharger Build Plans

I am in the early planning stages of building a new engine for my car. I plan to go with a tvs2300 supercharger (unless Whipple ever produces anything) and I am shooting for 427 cubic inches. I see many builders have done this with the LSX block but I don’t want the extra weight. My power goal is to make 800hp/tq to the rear wheels so I am shooting for around 875-900 flywheel hp. I am considering just ordering the shortblock and doing the rest of the assembly myself. I need some help, suggestions and opinions if you guys don’t mind.

The few things I am set on are the LS3 427in block (I could go bigger on cubes but not smaller), TVS2300, cable throttle body, and retaining factory gauges.

What heads to run? I was thinking of LS7 heads.

What head gaskets?

What is 24x and 58x and what is the difference. Is this what separates gen3’s and 4’ regarding electronics?

Can I run an LS3 with a cable style tb?

Will I be able to retain factory gauges?

Will the factory t56 bolt up to the LS3? I have a Monster Stage 3 clutch and lightweight flywheel with Tick Master. Will I be able to retain any of these components when going to the LS3? I realize the trans, driveshaft and rear end won’t last a second with this kind of power but I’m working my way that direction. I know that’s the wrong way to go but it’s what I’m doing.

Can I hit this kind of hp on 91 octane?

How streetable would you estimate this set up to be? I realize streetable is a very relative term. My current setup drives basically stock until I get into the boost. I would assume this set up would be very similar since blower cams like a lot of LSA.

I know I should know a lot of this stuff. Sorry for some of basic/newbie questions. If you can give some search ideas I'll gladly do some more homework.

Last edited by kyoytey1693; 01-25-2012 at 10:54 PM.
Old 01-24-2012 | 11:52 AM
9 Second Club

dum? looks like someone copy and pasted from their smartphone or iphone notepad.

I'd think hitting that on 91 is not going to be possible, but what about going with e85? got any of that in your area?

Head gaskets you could probably use ls9 depending on your bore size.

I use a 24x reluctor, but it's what I had oem and what my PCM is set to recognize. I believe that the ls3's came with 58x

as for the other stuff, I'm unsure, wait to see what someone else comes up with here.
Old 01-25-2012 | 10:51 PM
TECH Resident

Well what a fucked up post! Sorry about that. I can't get tech to load on my computer at work so I typed that in an email, sent it to myself, and posted it from my phone. Piece of ****. Anyways...

I wouldn't mind E85 but it's not readily available around here and with as controversial as corn fuel is I dont want to risk building a car that I cant find gas for, easily that is.

Which brings up another question, what size of injectors would be required to fuel a 900hp 427? Will I need to run bigger lines? Can 1 pump support that much fuel?

I went a head and edited the first post so it's easier to read. Thanks for the input thus far.
Old 01-25-2012 | 11:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

subscribing.

Quick Reply: New Magnacharger Build Plans