Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

364 vs 402

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 05:36 PM
gpr
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 364 vs 402

I got an lq9 engine i tore down and am going to rebuild and i'm debating on what i should build. I have a d1sc which i will be also installing and running with a front mount intercooler. I want a fun street car/cruiser that once in a while i will take to the track. Oh and i have a built 4l80e going in with the engine.

What should i build? i need to check the bores still, but they look decent and i think i could simply hone them, put in some wiseco pistons, and rods. Then balance crank and have a decently cheap forged motor.

Or should i built a stroker? Once i turn the stock crank it really isn't that much more for a new crank. It just seems like everything adds up to be a big cost.

I haven't ran the procharger yet, but people say they are pretty soft on the bottom end, so will the stroker with the procharger help increase a lot of low rpm torque?

I hate to sink to much money in a fun car to cruise in once in a while, yet i want it to run good and build it once, and do it right the first time. Whats everyone opinions on it?
Old 01-26-2012, 08:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm quite interested in this also as I'm in just about the same situation, with an LQ4. I may be wrong but I can't see the cost of turning a crank anywhere near the cost of a new forged one.

Quick Reply: 364 vs 402