Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Cam Specs with complete I bought. Advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 10:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cam Specs with complete I bought. Advice

Hey guys bought a completely built LS3 talked to the engine builder and the cam specs are :224/224 .610/.601 114 LSA this cam was for this engine with a procharger. I'm going with a TT set up and not sure if this cam is worth running or if I should just get a custom cam. Engine specs are below. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Specs:
Diamond 11553 pistons with coated skirts -9:1 with 70 cc heads
Built on new LS3 block
Callies Compstar forged 3.62 stroke crank, 6.2 L
Callies Compstar rods
Clevite bearings
Cloyes timing set
Manley pushrods
LS7 Lifters
Synergy Custom Cam by Rick @Synergy
Heads professionally built by Dave's Engine Machining (Next to Synergy Motorsports)
Ported/polished LS3 heads
Comp 921 dual springs
Manley stainless valves
Old 02-26-2012, 11:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What kind of turbos? And that cam looks better suited for turbos than supercharged. A typical supercharger cam has more exh duration than intake to help clear all exhaust gas from the cyl. Unless those heads have an extremely efficient exh port/flow Id expect to see about 6-12 degrees more on the exh side for a blower app.

If the turbos have a good flowing turbine of appropriate size that cam should do ok, may not be optimal but will work. More info on the engine/setup. drag, street, auto etc.

Post the valve timing events if you have them. EVO, EVC, IVO, IVC
Old 02-27-2012, 09:04 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by silver_82
What kind of turbos? And that cam looks better suited for turbos than supercharged. A typical supercharger cam has more exh duration than intake to help clear all exhaust gas from the cyl. Unless those heads have an extremely efficient exh port/flow Id expect to see about 6-12 degrees more on the exh side for a blower app.

If the turbos have a good flowing turbine of appropriate size that cam should do ok, may not be optimal but will work. More info on the engine/setup. drag, street, auto etc.

Post the valve timing events if you have them. EVO, EVC, IVO, IVC
Turbos are Ball Bearing GT35R's .82 A/R. I chose these turbos because I want quick spool over max top end power. This is a street car that will see the strip a few times I'm sure with an auto trans. I don't have the valve timing events. Thanks man I appreciate the help.

Few more specs
Holley Hi-ram intake
90mm DBW TB
FLP Level 5 4L65E Transmission

Quick Reply: Cam Specs with complete I bought. Advice