Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Dagger GT?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 10:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dagger GT?

Anyone seen this crazy thing yet? I fear the Bugatti Veyron has started a supercar race that is out of control. First there was the Veyron, then Koeniggsegg(may have came before not sure??) and SSC Ultimate Aero, then Veyron SS........now this??!! Jesus, what is wrong with people? Why would someone build such a machine? Im all for going fast but man, this car just seems like something that should be custom built ONLY for the people who actually know what theyre doing. I feel that the only people who can afford such a monster dont appreciate it and have no idea what they are doing with it. Other than that, what a fu(k!ng beast, holy crap! A 2500lb mid engined supercar....with a 632" big block........twin Turbonetics 80mm`s..........2000 or 2700hp on race gas(depending on model)..........shooting for 315mph top speed, 280mph standing mile, 6.xx@205+mph 1/4 miles, and a Nurburgring and VIR new lap record depending on which of the 3 options you get. See for yourself, eat your heart out Bugatti!

http://www.gtr-xs.com/

Now something as aerodynamic as this with 2700hp is definitely capable of some mean things, but the one that stands out to me is the 6sec 1/4. 280mph in a standing mile is totally possible, theres already a 1900hp Ford GT that went ~270, and surely with the right setup/right driver/enough determination, setting a new lap record at VIR/Ring should be possible if they totally focus on it. However, 6s with a 100% street car? Thats pretty crazy. Wonder what tires theyre planning on using? Looking at this car and then looking at cars that run 6s constistently, well they are just totally on the opposite ends of the spectrum. Im just not completely sure it will be able to do some of the things they want to. Although I must say they chose the right men for the job in picking Nelson Racing Engines, so maybe Im doubting too early.

Sorry for the long-winded post.
Anyway, opinions?
Old 02-28-2012, 01:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah. saw this thing a while back. I think its kind of ugly. The problem with it is they are building like 3 different models. Its not going to be an all around performance vehicle. I do like the fact that they are trying to put an end to who has the best engineering in the world. They are going to prove USA period. I am excited to see some testing. Go USA. And also nelsons racing engines is a good choice for the job.

Quick Reply: Dagger GT?