Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Couple Meth Inj Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012 | 04:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Default Couple Meth Inj Questions

Just had an AIS Stage 2 trunk mounted kit installed in my car and had a couple questions that I cant find the answers to. I bought the kit used and when I ordered the stainless line and dual nozzle upgrade I asked for instructions and AIS didnt put them in the box.

1. Where should the check valve be installed? Right now I have it in line about 6 inches before the split into the dual nozzles in the intake piping.

2. It has a progressive controller so on PSI and max PSI. What would be the recommended settings for 100% meth. The car is in my sig, 18lbs right now with a Turbonetics T76. I was thinking 4 for the on setting, and would the max be 18 or would you want it spraying its max before that?

3. My buddy who installed the kit wired an LED in line with the power supply from the Progressive controller to the pump so it will light the same tiem the pump is activated, so any wiring issues etc will have that as a failsafe. Has anyone found a way to use an electrical Nitrous pressure or other pressure gauge tied into the meth line so that you can physically see how much pressure it is pushing when it is spraying. That would be the best failsafe I could think of. I plan on calling autometer monday.

Thanks for the help, I know its not an LSx but it fits with just about any car and I love this forum compared to SVTP.

Last edited by itsslow98; 03-11-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Old 03-12-2012 | 12:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

A pressure switch wont help you if the jet is blocked, you need a flow switch...