Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Is this oil pressure feed reliable?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 06:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this oil pressure feed reliable?

So my old oil pressure feed I drilled a hole in the cap above the oil filter and hose clamped a bunch of 3/8" 400psi oil hose on and a tiney peice of larger hose to get the parts fitting together, and, they didn't have the same type hose in that size, it exploded after a few months. Now I am redoing it and trying to make it reliable. I drilled and tapped this time and put in a screw-in fitting with red loctite. My only thought is that the fitting is brass and the part were talking about is aluminum. Is this what anybody else has done?? What do you guys do that is reliable? I dont want stressed oil to cause electrolysis to a detrimental degree or anything. Will this work/not work? Input would be great, thanks.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

best thing to do is get the a 1/8th inch pipe thread to either 3 or 4 an adapter and run it to the turbo with the 3 or 4 an braided steel line. i just wrapped some teflon on the upper threads on the pipe thread part and no problems.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:23 PM
Teching In

it sounds like that is more or less what I did, I figured the high temp and being close to exhaust and all would melt the tape so I used loctite. I guess my concern more specifically is reguarding if the combination of brass, aluminum, and stressed out or acidic oil would cause corrosion to a significant degree
Old 04-01-2012, 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea i dunno.. shouldnt be a problem with corrosion i wouldnt think. just get an aluminum an adapter.

as far as teflon the gaskets for the oil on the turbo are paper based... so i wasnt worried about the teflon, but loctite and high tempertures dont really jive to well. usually thats the easiest way to get something loctited out.. heat it up.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:55 PM
TECH Regular

Permetex thread sealer works great on npt threads, and holds up to the heat even on the turbo CHRA.

Quick Reply: Is this oil pressure feed reliable?