Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

read and heed

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 01:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default read and heed

This thread is for people with ls1 or ls6 engines looking to supercharge, first off if you call a tuner and he suggests 6.0 liter heads say ok but go to their shop, when they hand you those 1000 dollar 6.0 liter heads and try to take your ls1 or ls6 heads beat the %$#@ out of them with the 6.0 liter heads get yours back go home and call Rob Raymer, ask him to build your heads and have him set up your car with forged internals and lower compression PISTONS instead. Then have him thermal coat your pistons and install an alky injection kit. We all know who Rob is and he will set up your engine like one of his and we all have witnessed what he is capable of. Call Andy green and order an 8 rib pulley bracket and fuel system upgrade. Andy is the best problem solver and fabricator in the biz and he patiently answered all of my stupid questions even when he was busy.If you have an 03 z06 and you wont be able to run a racetronic pump, Andy has solved this problem and also ask about the manual tensioner, he solved that too. as far as my experience with other tuners go, these two gentlemen are the tuners you want if power, reliabilty,competence, and unbiased good advice is what you seek they will literally save you thousands of dollars. My hats off to them and I will keep you abreast of the results of this project on dyno day. 03 Z06, TPIS Headers,magnaflow x-pipe, ghl exhaust, 160 thermostat, quarter mile performance ported and polished z06 heads, balanced 346 ci short block and crank, thermal coated diamond pistons and eagle rods, alcohol injection kit, A&A 8rib pulley bracket, ati d1sc (psi unknown), ls1 edit,a&a fuel pump kit (03 Z06 specific) manual tensioner, cartek blower cam,55lbs siemens injectors,chrome molly push rods, titanium retainers.

Last edited by bonecrusherz06; 03-28-2004 at 02:38 PM. Reason: to add car mods
Old 03-28-2004, 04:04 PM
Restricted User

Bonecrusher-glad you obviously had a good experience with both RR and Andy. Good to see your also in a LSx powerplant. What cam and springs are you using? And before you bang up the 6.0L heads, you have to think, they lower compression, and when ported can flow the same as an LS6 casting. So, rather than use a deeper dish/lower CR piston, you could use another off the shelf piston. Coatings are good poop. As for the SMC Alky Kit, although if I go FI over another Nitrous setup I will use it, it is not a solution, or end all. It can be a good thing, or a tuners crutch. Good luck with your setup. BTW, with all that and you dont know what your pullied to, WTF?

Charlie
Old 03-28-2004, 08:02 PM
8 Second Club

The 6.0 liter head has the same port designs of the LS6. They will flow the same #'s. The only difference is that they have bigger chambers to lower the compression.
Old 03-28-2004, 09:59 PM
8 Second Club

who is andy green?
Old 03-29-2004, 08:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I am running 6.0 heads with 10# boost on stock bottom. I know my bottom wont last long but I have a safe tune and the heads seem to be just fine. Bottom line is they do lower the compression enough for a nice reliable street set up but it sounds like you are trying for 600 to 700 hp so I guess that is the difference. I bought my 6.0 heads used for 400 and had them re done for about 200 so for the guys who dont have the money for a forged rebuild these heads are good to buy time with.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:52 PM
Teching In

cat the cam is cartech and the springs i dont know
Old 04-21-2004, 09:57 PM
Teching In

Default andy

Originally Posted by 1dirtyZ
who is andy green?
andy green is the owner of a&a corvettes you can find his banner on z06 vette.com
Old 04-22-2004, 09:42 PM
8 Second Club

thanks

Quick Reply: read and heed