Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Fuel Pump Recommendation Changes

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 02:16 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Pump Recommendation Changes

Currently I have twin a1000 pumps dual -10 into pumps y into single -10 to front firewall the dual -10 into fast rails with 160 Bosch injectors
-8 return

@40psi base right now I'm at 88% duty cycle on e85 making 930/975 at tire @17psi

I don't like running dual pumps and want some more cushion to turn it up. I really don't have room for belt drive I don't think

Setup is 370" lsx with a pt4788

What pump should I run

Weld 2345- needs controller and is pricey
Magnafuel 4703 which suppose to not need controller

Car sees maybe 1k street miles a year with longest one way trip of 40-45 miles so I need one that will be ok cruising and car show traffic and what not. Would like it to be good to 1100rwhp e85 that's gonna be max but want it to sustain

I've called both Weldon and magnafuel and those were reccomended pumps. However looking for real world response for these two pumps not a sales guy. I've heard bad from the 4703 about pump life then heard bad about Weldon as far as requiring a controller and pricey which I'm fine with both if they will last

I keep looking and trying to use a mechanical pump but with my piping I just can see how to mount it without changing a setup that works well....oh well i guess