Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Boost Cam

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 08:16 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Choppers
Bob,

Your cam has always been in my list of cam choices for the main fact that its been a proven Boost cam. I like you give some dyno sheets on it as well. How does it perform across the power band? My ms3 is a top end cam. Don't get me wrong it's an awesome cam and performs outstanding. But I wish it had a little more low end. I typically run big cams as it is and thats not a problem.

Our blower cam makes great low end torque, look at the 400ft lbs of torque at just 2000 rpm, and this is on a Mustang Chassis Dyno. It also makes great power all through the power band. 864 rwhp at only 12.4 psi is not shabby! This customer took his car to another shops dyno day and it made more power on their dyno. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 10-23-2012, 08:22 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed

Our blower cam makes great low end torque, look at the 400ft lbs of torque at just 2000 rpm, and this is on a Mustang Chassis Dyno. It also makes great power all through the power band. 864 rwhp at only 12.4 psi is not shabby! This customer took his car to another shops dyno day and it made more power on their dyno. Bob
What is the ideal set of heads you like to see go with this cam?
Old 10-23-2012, 01:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't get rid of a FAST intake. Its bought and I am not downgrading. Its paid for. And i talked to Phil at AI earlier about the heads. He recommended me to go with the 226cc port program rather than the 232cc program. I am waiting to hear more back from AI. I asked Martin at Tick Performance whether it would be better to go with PRC Stage 2.5 6.0 heads or do the AI port work. He said go AI hands down. You can't match there machine work. Phil also said that PRC is a entry level head and after his port work the 317's would be state of the art.

Martin is spec'ing me a cam. I'll post what he specs. He's going to try and make it accommodate my 408 build that will be happening.
Good info, good luck on your build.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:40 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed

Very nice numbers, Bob. Almost identical numbers to what my cam made on my 402 with a T trim at the same boost on my 402. Our cam specs are similar, I was on a 118LSA for stealth though.(and my wife hates lope)
Old 10-25-2012, 10:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not to step on Bobs toes but most of his builds that I followed used AFR heads..
Not to nock any other shop you can not beat Bobs customer service!! Although Tick is great too.. I would give a slight advantage to Brute speed just because of the undeniable results!! Good luck with the decision!
Old 10-26-2012, 10:38 AM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by fatmat80
Not to step on Bobs toes but most of his builds that I followed used AFR heads..
Not to nock any other shop you can not beat Bobs customer service!! Although Tick is great too.. I would give a slight advantage to Brute speed just because of the undeniable results!! Good luck with the decision!
Believe me...I know blower cams just as well.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...cam-i-did.html
Old 10-26-2012, 11:30 AM
11 Second Club

if you didnt sell any of those parts i say ditch the fast get an ls6 intake setup and boost what u have you love the power might not be the most efficent cam to run but the power curve should be impressive....also what cc are your heads? i just did pretty much the same thing your doing going from h/c to fi

Last edited by milleniumm6z28; 10-26-2012 at 11:38 AM.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:49 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by milleniumm6z28
if you didnt sell any of those parts i say ditch the fast get an ls6 intake setup and boost what u have you love the power might not be the most efficent cam to run but the power curve should be impressive....also what cc are your heads? i just did pretty much the same thing your doing going from h/c to fi
I honestly don't remember what CC the heads are. Whatever they come with from Texas Speed. And if I am going to do something I am doing it right. Not cutting any corners. I am to the point where I am gonna keep this motor together and just start another build with another car. Martin and I have been chatting back and forth the last few days. Martin @ TickPerformance has been great so far with customer service.

Also have been talking with Kyle from Thompson Motorsports about a new shortblock to kick start the build off.

Right now I have a cam spec'd from Martin but depending on if I go with 370 or 408 the cam will change.
317 Head ported by AI
FAST Intake 102(I am a believer)

My motor I currently have makes great power and I think it will just stay in the car and I'll start the new build on my v6 camaro in my sig that I recently blew the v6 up in after 200k hard driven miles.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:54 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I honestly don't remember what CC the heads are. Whatever they come with from Texas Speed. And if I am going to do something I am doing it right. Not cutting any corners. I am to the point where I am gonna keep this motor together and just start another build with another car. Martin and I have been chatting back and forth the last few days. Martin @ TickPerformance has been great so far with customer service.

Also have been talking with Kyle from Thompson Motorsports about a new shortblock to kick start the build off.

Right now I have a cam spec'd from Martin but depending on if I go with 370 or 408 the cam will change.
317 Head ported by AI
FAST Intake 102(I am a believer)

My motor I currently have makes great power and I think it will just stay in the car and I'll start the new build on my v6 camaro in my sig that I recently blew the v6 up in after 200k hard driven miles.
Thank you for the kind words!

Quick Reply: Boost Cam