Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Turbo cam?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 07:16 AM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Bazman
There is no argument from me that a cam in the 240's on a 427 or 250's on a 440+ motor with proper tune and combo is going to be an absolute beast. No question that setup should haul the mail.

But turbos offer a lot for street guys who like to cruise a lot, and even go inter-state etc. The smaller cam engines get great mileage, and can be very low maintenance, with excellent response and shove at normal traffic speeds and off boost. It makes 1000rwhp and 30mpg at cruise possible.

For some, like me, that kind of efficiency is cool. For others, they want to shake and bake. It's our money, so as long as we are happy with what we get, it is all good.
Great post.

This is the reason I have a 3 page form that I have customers fill out so that I can know every possible detail about the car, how they drive it, and how they want it to perform when it's all said and done.

Idle quality and spring life is a big issue for me and my customers. Some want it quiet as a church mouse, and some want it to pound the ground. Some of them don't care if they give up 50rwhp down low in a 1000rwhp car to make 50rwhp or more up top.

In the end if the customer is happy with what they got and it's what they wanted....it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. They're entitled to their opinion though as they always are. If we all wanted the same things, and we all did the same things, the aftermarket and our lives in general would be very boring.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Disclaimer: No cats were actually skinned during this discussion
Old 11-07-2012, 02:08 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by reckless
disclaimer: No cats were actually skinned during this discussion
lol!!!

Quick Reply: Turbo cam?