Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

ABS Module Delete Guys, Normal Lights on Dash and Does Your Cruise Control Work?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 08:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default ABS Module Delete Guys, Normal Lights on Dash and Does Your Cruise Control Work?

Gonna put this here also since I spend most of my ls1tech time here and lots of guys have deleted their ABS

Deleted my abs module during my recent motor swap/engine bay clean up project and just want to verify what the normal dash lights are.

I have ABS INOP (been there since i installed the 9" a few years ago), BRAKE, and SERVICE VEHICLE. I believe all those are normal but just want to verify.

Also I noticed my cruise control is not functioning. Can anyone verify on their car as well if they have working cruise control with an ABS Module delete?

Trying to figure out if the cruise control not working is a side effect of the ABS removal or if I have a different issue I need to find. If it is as a result of the delete has anyone figured out how to bypass it?

Thanks
Old 11-09-2012, 02:12 PM
Gingervitis Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I removed my ABS and my cruise works fine. Check the conversion section on what wires are needed for the cruise control module, IIRC they have been the same since like 1994 (as far as the 4th gen ones).
Old 11-09-2012, 02:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have an auto harness with a t56 and also deleted abs, my cruise works perfectly. annoying lights are on but im gonna fix that this time when i remove the column to swap pedals again.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My cruise does not work and I deleted my ABS. I had the same lights on the dash. I took the bulbs out to get rid of them. So there is a way to have the cruise work. Details if anyone has them.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

i think you have other issues. my cruise works fine with abs delete with nothing special at all done

Quick Reply: ABS Module Delete Guys, Normal Lights on Dash and Does Your Cruise Control Work?