Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharged returnless fuel system problems on H2 hummer kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004 | 12:25 PM
Banned

Default Procharged returnless fuel system problems on H2 hummer kit

Ive gotta decide which way doing the fuel system on this 04 h2 hummer is going to work best for me.

Ive got a procharger 03 hummer kit. 03 hummers used a return style fuel system. Procharger doesnt have a kit out for the 04's yet because its a returnless fuel system.

Can I just throw 42# injectors and a inline fuel pump on the thing? Im just going to send the ECU to Ed Wright to setup the computer, as i dont have ls1edit or anything for a 04.

Ive already put one procharger on a 04 hummer, but i used stock injectors with an FMU and used a custom check ball fuel system setup that only turned on the inline pump under boost which then activated the flow to the FMU. and it worked fine, but id prefer to just do it with injectors..
Old 04-13-2004 | 02:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Why not run a steel braided fuel line as your new supply line. Add an FPR and use the old supply line as your new return line. It's a bit of work but it will get the job done.

Mike

Originally Posted by C4VetteLS1
Ive gotta decide which way doing the fuel system on this 04 h2 hummer is going to work best for me.

Ive got a procharger 03 hummer kit. 03 hummers used a return style fuel system. Procharger doesnt have a kit out for the 04's yet because its a returnless fuel system.

Can I just throw 42# injectors and a inline fuel pump on the thing? Im just going to send the ECU to Ed Wright to setup the computer, as i dont have ls1edit or anything for a 04.

Ive already put one procharger on a 04 hummer, but i used stock injectors with an FMU and used a custom check ball fuel system setup that only turned on the inline pump under boost which then activated the flow to the FMU. and it worked fine, but id prefer to just do it with injectors..
Old 04-13-2004 | 06:10 PM
Banned

I really wouldnt want to over-engineer it like that. Plus that would vere' too far off fatory setups for these stock h2's with superchargers.
Old 04-13-2004 | 09:43 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by C4VetteLS1

Sounds like you did a lot of engineering anyway, but if you install the rising rate reg at the rear, and delete the in tank unit, then all you will have to run is a hard tube boost line to regulate the pressure in the rear. Or have Ed wright compensate for the lack of rise with injector pulse width increase (band aid). The right way to do it is stated above with new feed line, and using the original line as a return. You are enginering what GM never did in the first place, no sense in doing it half the way.
Old 04-13-2004 | 10:07 PM
kp
8 Second Club

My original 7psi f-body procharger came with an FMU/return line/inline pump. I ditched the FMU and went to 38lb injectors (from a vortech kit) and a MAFT with a KB boost-a-pump. Car ran very well and still got great fuel mileage (460rwhp). This was pre-ls1 edit so there really was no choice at the time unless you wanted to sent the PCM off.. The boost-a-pump wasnt even really necessary, I could easily get the a/f down to 10:1 on the dyno without it with just the ATI inline pump.

If you can tune it to the larger injectors that is a much better way then an FMU by far. I have 42lb SVO injectors on this car with the ATI inline pump and I can get 10:1 a/f on this one as well on the in-car wideband so its plenty of fuel for 7-8psi on this car.

Quick Reply: Procharged returnless fuel system problems on H2 hummer kit