Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharger 3.5" intercoolers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 08:30 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks man, seems like the kit is going for around 6K USD plus tax, waiting for CND price next week. I say 10K cause things always come up and its my budget. Already changed the gear and done the clutch, custom paint, car only has 50000KM/30000Miles on it. Gets very humid here during summer and don't want detonation. The tune that comes with the kit is supposed to be fine and I will get it to the Dyno at some point, would like to get some stats between the ICs though?
Old 03-10-2013, 06:58 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...l/viewall.html

Check out this article from 2005 where GM High-Tech tested the difference between the two intercooler sizes. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 03-10-2013, 08:11 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...l/viewall.html

Check out this article from 2005 where GM High-Tech tested the difference between the two intercooler sizes. Bob
Cool Bob, thanks! So boost actually increases with the 4.5"s? And it looks like the tune was pretty much on as they only picked up a little HP by adding timing. Makes you wonder why they just don't make them standard with the kit?
Old 03-10-2013, 08:50 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

2002 T/A, the best thing you can do is talk to Bob@BruteSpeed and get a custom tune done. Don't get the generic tune they send to everyone, so cut that out of the original package price. Trust me, when going FI, there are some critical aspects, and the tune is one of them, fueling is another. The tune is one step that you must not take a short cut on.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:32 AM
Launching!

How can I get a custom tune without bringing the car there? I know what your saying but unless I do mail order I'm still at back where I started? I asked Bob about the Procharger tune, he says many have used it without issues. My concern is by going with the bigger ICs and less PD/more density will I be prone to detonation?
Old 03-10-2013, 10:25 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002 T/A
How can I get a custom tune without bringing the car there? I know what your saying but unless I do mail order I'm still at back where I started? I asked Bob about the Procharger tune, he says many have used it without issues. My concern is by going with the bigger ICs and less PD/more density will I be prone to detonation?
"Dan went on to say that the beauty of this intercooler upgrade is "it gives added insurance against detonation in areas where only lower octane fuel is available, and it gives the ability to upgrade the motor and add boost. Since our blowers are rated at much higher than they are used with the base kit, you can just crank up the boost or feed a bigger motor, and the intercooler will still maintain its effectiveness."

You would be prone to less chances of detonation with the larger intercoolers. bOB

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Quick Reply: Procharger 3.5" intercoolers?