Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Turbowerx exa pump failure

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 10:11 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbowerx exa pump failure

I was out making a few test hits in the car before I loaded it up for the racetrack tomorrow and my first hit it made 16 psi with no issues. The second pass coming back, I would floor it and were the turbo normally starts to come online, it just bogged. So I went home and checked to see if the turbo was spinning freely. It wouldn't spin freely like normal. So I spun it with my hands a few times and it got much better. I started the car up and the turbo spun like normal with the car idling. I then drove it down the block to find out the car was smoking miserably out the exhaust. I took the car back home to find oil all over my down pipe. I then realized my turbo werx exa pump wasn't coming on.

Would the oil pump not coming on and the center section getting full of oil cause the turbo not to spool? Or could I have 2 separate issues? Thanks
Old 05-28-2013, 10:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the Turbowerx exa pump relay short out and it smoked bad and oil was leaking out. Fixed the relay drove the car and it all went away.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I checked the 20 amp fuse and it was fine.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:18 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A pump failure will cause oil to bypass the seals in the turbo. It won't hurt it just smoke like hell. I think you have another issue.

Quick Reply: Turbowerx exa pump failure