Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Holley Dominator EFI question

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 06:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holley Dominator EFI question

Anyone here using the Holley Dominator EFI with a boosted application ?
I am currently tuning my buddies BS3 but am considering a try with the Holley.

How do you like the software ?
Does it flake out if you make a mistake with power on/off ?
Old 06-11-2013, 07:33 PM
TECH Veteran

I use it, and their are a few others here as well. I love the software, very easy to navigate and use. I never looked at it before and jumped right in.

I have not incorrectly cycled the power that i can remember, but who knows, lots of drinking and tuning so i may have... after you upload your supposed to cycle the power or the the changes wont take, IIRC.

ive not got any chance to mess with the boost controller but i hear its pretty awesome. We shall see. In for what others say as well.

you can download the software and mess with it for free.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:46 AM
Launching!

I have my car running with the dominator setup and it is fantastic. I am a big fan of this system after never being completely satisfied with the tunes I was getting locally. The software is easy to use and very straight forward. You do need to sync with the computer when you make changes but it is very easy to do.

I would suggest going through Dennis at Moore Racecraft. He is a wealth of information and will set you up with a base tune that is spot on.

Any other questions please ask away.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:35 AM
TECH Regular

Its easy to set up and make your normal changes. The boost control is fantastic. There is some logic regarding the inputs and outputs that needs work, but your basic fuel control, timing control, and boost control strategies are easy to navigate, and dial in. When making smaller changes to the fuel/timing/boost curves you don't have to cycle the key and changes are made while you are connected. We have changed entire global folders by just syncing with the Dominator while driving. Only time you will need to cycle the key to change "tunes" is when you buy the multi map selector and you have 4 pre-saved files.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:01 AM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am also running it very happy with the software and the tech support for Dennis Moore.

Quick Reply: Holley Dominator EFI question