Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Corvette Vortec kit HELP

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 11:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette Vortec kit HELP

Hi guy's
I am looking at fitting the V2-SQ to my LS1 powered Shelby Cobra replica and was hoping some one could help me with some questions. I imported a corvette motor from the US (I am in Australia) and i am looking at fitting the V2-SQ reverse rotation kit with brakets from vortec and was woundering if someone could give me a measurement say from the center of the throttle body to the furtherst part of the blower so I can make sure it will fit in the engine bay. Also if you have any photos other than what is on the vortec web site would be much appreciated.

Thanks from down under
COBRALS1
Old 04-27-2004, 11:53 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by COBRALS1
Hi guy's
I am looking at fitting the V2-SQ to my LS1 powered Shelby Cobra replica and was hoping some one could help me with some questions. I imported a corvette motor from the US (I am in Australia) and i am looking at fitting the V2-SQ reverse rotation kit with brakets from vortec and was woundering if someone could give me a measurement say from the center of the throttle body to the furtherst part of the blower so I can make sure it will fit in the engine bay. Also if you have any photos other than what is on the vortec web site would be much appreciated.

Thanks from down under
COBRALS1
I don't have one on my Vette, but there are several guys with the Vortech kit on thier cars over at the Vette specific forms - corvetteforum.com and ZO6Vette.com.

Perry
Old 04-29-2004, 07:45 AM
Teching In

Come on guy's surely someone can help me.

COBRALS1
Old 04-29-2004, 07:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have one on my 02 Vette. I'll take measurements when I get home today. I can also send you pictures.

Hi guy's

Thanks from down under
COBRALS1
Old 04-29-2004, 03:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The measurement from the CL of the throttle body to the furthest outboard part of the head unit is 16".

Let me know if you need any more measurements.

Mark

Hi guy's

Thanks from down under
COBRALS1