Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

A real 2 bar map sensor

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 11:59 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im not an expert by any means nor do I know your application and combination to say exactly what is different to account for the changes.

Sorry.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:48 PM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by superstreeter
Ok we dyno'd lastnite, the car ran like **** for a couple passes (it kept breaking up, due to I think bad fuel map) so we made about 12 passes, only getting about 9.5 # of boost and peaking out in HP and Torque around 5200 - 5300. it seems the more we ran the cleaner the map was looking. we didnt do a voltage check on the sensor, cause I believed it was a 2 bar sensor, and its a pain to get out ! with the 9.5 # boost we were 2/3s the way up on the 210 scale. so Im not sure if thats right or not.
Either way,we picked up about 60 hp from start to finish, and Im sure this stock little LS will get me in the 9s with an unknown mph.
One issue I still have with this Holley system is the rev limiter. Ive never ran a limiter on a boosted car before. Just my msd on the BBC, and it worked flawlessly ! but anyway this holley limiter sure breaks up the rpm badly when the boost starts coming on ! and does a real number on the AFR, we did a couple on pulls on the transbreak to 4000. We were getting boost within 1.5 secs. and the Afr was just going crazy !
Im not sure if this is how all rev limiters work with boosted cars, but I sure dont like the Holley version !
SO if the fuel map is bad...isnt that why you're putting it on the dyno so you can fix it ?

Then you dont know if the MAP scaling is correct or not ? 9.5psi gauge pressure is 165kpa. It really is that simple.

And not quite sure what you're describing as a problem ? Of course the AFR's will go crazy ( ie lean mostly ) when any sort of misfire occurs. Whether a deliberate one or not.
That would be the same with any ecu, any ignition system, and any fueling system

Quick Reply: A real 2 bar map sensor