Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

P0340 code now??

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 08:31 AM
9-Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Post P0340 code now??

Need to see if anyone has run across this before....long story short, just built a new short block from my truck...6.0 iron...ls1 style...maggie...Ok...went with the GM ZR1 cam (mainly bc it was $90 new). Converted to the LS2 style sensor, cover, and extension wire, along with the 3-bolt cam sprocket for the cam. I fired the truck up, and no problem...fired right up, runs and drives good. Just driving it for now to put a few break in miles on it, but my problem is that every other crank the engine light comes on with code P0340 which is the cam sensor...everything I see and read basically says that if your getting this code you should have other probs or that it wont crank. I dont have that at all. Cranks fine...runs and drives fine...just that it comes on randomly. I can clear the code and it will stay off for as long as I drive it. It does not reset or come back on until I turn the truck off and go to restart...and even then sometimes it doesn't reset. Any thoughts or suggestions would certainly be appreciated. Truck was tuned prior to this small cam change....(already tuned for a maggie and a 2002 ZO6 cam).

Thanks,

JP

Quick Reply: P0340 code now??