Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

JGS Wastegate Spring

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 06:09 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Default JGS Wastegate Spring

Looking to swap in the big spring for dyno tune soon. I got one spring from JGS not including the one JGS installs in WG for you. On the box its checked "HS" and from their website it looks like thats a "high" spring. Roughly 2/16th give or take, I will verify tmmr at work.

Now, do I take out the current small spring and toss this in? Or run em both together?

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My 50mm JGS came with both the big and little spring. The big spring is for low boost and the small one is for high boost. You can use both springs together for even more boost. You can verify by trying to compress the springs by hand. The stiffer the spring the more boost it will make.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:42 AM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Ferocity02
My 50mm JGS came with both the big and little spring. The big spring is for low boost and the small one is for high boost. You can use both springs together for even more boost. You can verify by trying to compress the springs by hand. The stiffer the spring the more boost it will make.
This is the .125 diameter spring, which JGS said is 14-16psi but not sure if that means by itself or both springs stacked.

Now assuming it's able to do 14-16psi, that means that the eboost Street can command around 20psi?

Quick Reply: JGS Wastegate Spring