Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Anyone see a problem with this (methanol)?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 05:46 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone see a problem with this (methanol)?

I'm finally getting around to putting my meth kit on, and I have a couple question's I was hoping someone could answer for me...

I run an A2W intercooler setup and use blue washer fluid instead of water. I don't have any room left under the hood for the meth tank, so I plan to pour 100% m-1 right into my chiller tank and use the meth in my A2W setup and spray it into the motor. Any issue with this?

Also, is the methanol less effective when its hot? Because the chiller tank gets hot under the hood after a while. Should I or can I add a few ice cubes to it? And one last question, should I be concerned with getting 100% of the washer fluid out of the system before switching to the m-1 or will a little bit not matter?

Thanks in advance
Old 09-13-2013, 06:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow got to say ive heard of this. I dont think the heat will do much. Most meth tank are in the engine area and get hot. Only issue i say with the ice is that your changing your mixture which in turn would change the tune needed
Old 09-13-2013, 08:15 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I would not do that.... the reason being is that the vapor pressure associated with methanol is very high. So as you heat it up, the pressure in that tank will also go up quite a bit. If something happens and you lose integrity of the tank, your car will go up in flames when the hot methanol sprays over a hot header. Methanol has a higher vapor pressure than gasoline. So at a minimum, run a fuel cell.

There's a reason that they make you run a specific type of tank for gasoline or fuel.

It's your car, and I'm sure you will get some people who say it's fine, but be careful.

Quick Reply: Anyone see a problem with this (methanol)?