Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Holley hp or dominator on turbo nova

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 09:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holley hp or dominator on turbo nova

I posted in PCM and tuning haven't got a answer so I figured I could get a answer here . I'm building another turbo car and I'm on the fence with holley hp or dominator can someone tell me a little differences between the two . From what I've read the hp would be all I need. I think stock48 has that in his nova and my setup is about the same. Can someone steer me in the right direction. Thanks
Old 09-19-2013, 10:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Full detail list below. Essentially, if you don't want two banks of WB02 sensors, will not be using a 4l80E trans, or drive by wire - then go HP in my opinion.

Hardware
The following differentiate these two ECU’s:
- Wide Band Oxygen Sensor Inputs
o HP – One input
o Dominator – Two inputs
- The Dominator can control certain Drive by Wire throttle body applications, the HP does not.
- The Dominator can control certain Electronic Transmissions (GM 4L60/5E and 4L80/5E), the HP does not.
- Inputs and Outputs
o HP
 2 high side (+12v) PWM or switched outputs
 2 low side (ground) PWM or switched outputs
 4 Multi-inputs
o Dominator
 20 high side (+12v) PWM or switched outputs
 16 how side (ground) PWM or switched outputs
 6 speed inputs (magnetic or hall effect)
 30 0-5v sensor inputs
 13 Multi-inputs
- The Dominator has a “configuration input selection” pin that allows up to 4 calibrations to be selected with a key switch
Old 09-19-2013, 10:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Dominator has a ton of extra inputs and outputs, the HP only has a few extra. The Dominator has the ability to control an auto trans and utilize two wide band O2 sensors where the HP will not control a trans and uses only one O2 sensor.
I have the Dominator as I have a G meter, shock sensors, multiple pressure sensors, boost controler, and drive shaft speed sensor which all are run through the Dominator and data logged by it as well.
Really depends on what you are going to do with the car and how much you are going to ask the ECU to do as to which system is right for you. Both use the same software and are great systems.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me add you also need to take into consideration your use for the car in the future, the ability to expand and grow will be there with the Dominator the HP not so much. The Dominator ECU is around 1500 bucks and does not include the harnesses, the HP system is complete with harneses for the same 1500 bucks. Its the add ons that get you I am into my system for about 3200 bucks but I have a ton of add ons and gauges and it is by far the best system out there at a price way below any other system.

Last edited by 68 SS; 09-19-2013 at 10:32 AM.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 68 SS
Let me add you also need to take into consideration your use for the car in the future, the ability to expand and grow will be there with the Dominator the HP not so much. The Dominator ECU is around 1500 bucks and does not include the harnesses, the HP system is complete with harneses for the same 1500 bucks. Its the add ons that get you I am into my system for about 3200 bucks but I have a ton of add ons and gauges and it is by far the best system out there at a price way below any other system.
Thanks man that's the best info I found yet. I like simplicity and I will be running a powerglide. So I think the hp is the way to go for me. I've seen alot of fast turbo cars on here running the hp and I'm probaly not going use all the inputs on the dominator.

Quick Reply: Holley hp or dominator on turbo nova