Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Anyone running On3 w/ AC?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 12:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone running On3 w/ AC?

Thinking about picking this kit up. Anyone know if it bolts up to TSP 3" Y's? I've got that, LTs, and a Borla catback. Everything else is stock, that matters here anyway. What do I need to upgrade if I want to go boost? Probably a cam suited to the turbo, what else?
Old 04-07-2014, 04:00 PM
Teching In

what kind of car is this going in since they make a few diffrent kits.if this is for a camaro i may be able to help ya.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you go with a On3 kit your Texas Speed Y-pipe would have to go unless you cut it up and re-attach it to your cat back. And you would be able to sell your long tubes for extra money. to put back into turboing it.

A cam for boost would definitely help as well as meth to help with the long Gevity of the motor. Go with a colder stage of spark plugs and if you want to do the one by one method you could put head studs in or just be smart pull the heads replace the lifters do a cam swap put LS9 head gaskets on it and head studs and your ready to go. I still would not run much past 10-12lbs of boot on a stock LS1 if that is your motor. The stock bottom ends aren't very strong and don't last forever at high power levels.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:13 AM
On The Tree

It's an 02 WS, 72k miles on it. Stock bottom end. I'd probably only run like 7 lbs of boost til I could do the supporting engine upgrades. Stock 4L60E and 10 bolt rear and 3.23's. So I could resell the LTs, but why do I have to scrap the Y? Does the On3 run too far, or not far enough? I'm quite the turbo noobie, only recently looking into everything in the past month when I realized this could be an option.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:25 AM
Teching In

if you decide to do a on3 turbo setup with ac i would suggest you buy a turbo k member.the ac kit uses a corvette style pass manifold so the engine would have to be raised up to make clear.just my 2 cents.hope this helps
Old 04-08-2014, 08:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kjcmusic17
It's an 02 WS, 72k miles on it. Stock bottom end. I'd probably only run like 7 lbs of boost til I could do the supporting engine upgrades. Stock 4L60E and 10 bolt rear and 3.23's. So I could resell the LTs, but why do I have to scrap the Y? Does the On3 run too far, or not far enough? I'm quite the turbo noobie, only recently looking into everything in the past month when I realized this could be an option.
When you go turbo both sides of the exhaust feed into the turbo then the turbo has a single exhaust exit. So basically you have only one like going down the drivers side to the existing cat back. There won't be a need for the rest of the y-pipe on the passenger side.

Quick Reply: Anyone running On3 w/ AC?