Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

3 Bar MAP connector issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 06:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 74 Likes on 40 Posts

Default 3 Bar MAP connector issues

I bought the 3 bar MAP sensor most people run (12223861) and i cant connect it to my stock harness. I have the adapter harness but the key ways are wrong and wont let the two mate. My car is a 99 if it matters but im kind of stuck?

Adapter harness (female) on the left, stock MAP plug on the right (male). Notice how if i try to connect the two the slots wont let me?

Old 05-27-2014, 10:50 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you sure that's not the cam pigtail on the right. I can't remember, at lunch.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by droksformula
Are you sure that's not the cam pigtail on the right. I can't remember, at lunch.
I wouldnt be surprised if it was but im pretty sure i pulled this out of the MAP as i worked from the passenger side of the motor and the cam sensor more on the driver side. I am leaving the 2 bar in to seal up the hole so i didnt pull the actual sensor. I also havent pulled the intake because i dont have fuel rails (or a trans) in the car so i can reach behind and get to everything relatively easily. Once i get mad enough, ill pull the intake but i wasnt sure if anyone else had this issue

Last edited by Ryans99ls1; 05-27-2014 at 12:15 PM.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:24 PM

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

razor the slot off inside that connector and ram it home lol
Old 05-27-2014, 02:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

idk if I had this exact problem, but I know the shop that put mine on had a bin of GM harnesses and we found one that plugged in and rewired it.

The adapter harness I received wasn't even close to fitting into the car's wire harness.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by denmah
The thought has already crossed my mind, i was just trying to avoid it if i could haha. Thanks for the support on that so i dont feel bad when i end up doing it.

Originally Posted by steveo_f8
idk if I had this exact problem, but I know the shop that put mine on had a bin of GM harnesses and we found one that plugged in and rewired it.

The adapter harness I received wasn't even close to fitting into the car's wire harness.
Thats actually encouraging. I wasnt sure if i just had some jacked up factory car. I ordered another adapter harness for $20, we'll see what happens
Old 05-28-2014, 12:57 AM
8 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by denmah
I made the mistake of doing this on mine... The cam position sensor and the MAP were backwards and the car wouldn't run. Switched them to the correct sensors and it started right up. Go figure!
Old 06-16-2014, 08:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

So i wanted to give an update to this. I bought this: http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/pro...roducts_id/831

and it works. The funny thing is that all they did was cut out the slots/keyways in the plug i already had lol. its the exact same plug. Denmah strikes again!

So while i was trying not do things in a haggard way, it turns out i had no choice. In the end, I dont care as long as it works!

Quick Reply: 3 Bar MAP connector issues