Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

cold start issue after d1sc

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 01:27 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default cold start issue after d1sc

several months ago i installed a d1sc and full return style fuel system (stocl motor). after some dyno only tuning the car ran a lil rough, so i went back to the shop and had it street tuned. everything seemed like it was good, and i was deployed, ive been gone a few months now and my gf has been starting the car every week or two (i put STABIL in the gas). she told me that most of the time when she starts the car it'll die ojn the first attempt, then start up after that. sometimes she gives it a lil gas and the car will run just fine. anybody ever run into this before? this may need to be moved to ignition section but im not sure
Old 06-22-2014, 05:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 240 Likes on 167 Posts

my guess its in the tune-having used the Holley HP on my LS engine, I had to enrich the cold start same as having a choke on a carb setup
there's start up fuel, after start fuel tables until operating temps
Old 06-22-2014, 11:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Possible fuel lines not primed? Key on and off the ignition several times before starting. Pause 3 seconds before keying off each time. See if it starts right away after that.
Old 06-22-2014, 01:15 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by dc4bill
several months ago i installed a d1sc and full return style fuel system (stocl motor). after some dyno only tuning the car ran a lil rough, so i went back to the shop and had it street tuned. everything seemed like it was good, and i was deployed, ive been gone a few months now and my gf has been starting the car every week or two (i put STABIL in the gas). she told me that most of the time when she starts the car it'll die ojn the first attempt, then start up after that. sometimes she gives it a lil gas and the car will run just fine. anybody ever run into this before? this may need to be moved to ignition section but im not sure
It sounds like the car is getting started and not fully warmed up by driving it. The spark plugs may be fouled and I'd replace them when you get back. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 06-22-2014, 05:38 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Sounds like when it was tuned, they didn't work on the cold startup. To Bob's point, if the idle and statup is off, it could have fouled plugs as well.

Quick Reply: cold start issue after d1sc