Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Concerns ,questions , and suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 04:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Concerns ,questions , and suggestions

First thing first here's what I have (if more information is needed please let me know Im not sure what all you need to know that's why I am here)

Ls2 (stroker) with wiesco forged piston 4.010 bore and -.10cc dish pistons, my question would be is it safe to supercharge with these internal parts? Current camshaft is not FI friendly so I won't list this.

If so what supercharger would you recommend? I have been eyeballing a whipple charger, it will not be going in a fbody!!!

My goal is to get upwards of 800hp with room to grow, alright let me have it!!!
Old 07-30-2014, 08:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

A properly built forged ls2 should be just fine to make 800+ hp. I vote F1-R Procharger and let her eat.

More info on the motor ? Heads, intake, exhaust, chassis this engine is in ???
Old 07-30-2014, 10:03 PM
Teching In

Chassis-89 fox body about every suspension mod needed , I will start a thread build this weekend with pictures.

New to forced induction and slowly learning by reading on here so any suggestions on the follow would be great.

Heads
Cam
Intake- have a fast 102 but from what I read I will need rectangle port heads soooo......

I will post what fuel setup I have later since there is one already on the car. I could be wrong but I am almost positive it will be fine.

History of what I'm working with maybe this will help

Motor- a very *** backwards mistake, started as a heads and cam car
Heads- got a killer deal on some prc 5.3 only problem they where shaved to 59cc, well I love a big cam and I didn't realize I would have to fly cut ( should have asked). So instead of fly cutting I said the hell with it and bought a stroker kit with the -10cc dished Pistons. Now I got small heads and cam lol so I'm staring over with my stroker motor and a new car. I have very bad A.D.D. btw if you couldn't tell by this build.

Transmission
Jakes 4l80 with a stall converter not made for boost so time for a new one and I will probably have to have the transmission beefed up a little more.

Exhaust not sure I know I love corsa for some reason

Thanks for the response
Old 07-30-2014, 11:09 PM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

You're GREATLY over thinking this.

At least once a week someone comes in here and asks "Will forged pistons and rods work good for this setup"?

So here you go.... there have been numerous people eclipse 1000 HP at the flywheel on stock pistons, rods, crank, and even small factory casting cathedral heads.

So yes, forged pistons and rods will work. There is absolutely ZERO reason for anyone to ever suspect they wouldnt. You do not NEED rectangle port heads. You don't even need an aftermarket intake. You could do it with ported stock castings and a truck intake with an F1 blower. Hell you could do it with one of the smaller D1 prochargers on a stock long block with nothing but a cam/spring combo.
Old 07-31-2014, 07:57 AM
Teching In

my compression ration right now should be at 11.4:1 - 11.5:1., Is this going to be a problem?
Old 07-31-2014, 08:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TxLSx
First thing first
I'm the realist -

I couldn't get past your first sentence... initially.

What fuel?. 11.5:1 and FI will require some good stuff. Hopefully E85 -

Quick Reply: Concerns ,questions , and suggestions