Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Need a little help with the new car!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 10:28 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Need a little help with the new car!

I recently bought an 02 WS6 with an "old school" Vortech G-trim blower on it w/ after cooler. When I first got it it ran like crap. It would give me cylinder 8 misfire on the upper end, check engine light was on because of the rear 02s and knock sensors.

So far I've replaced the plugs with TR5s, new supercharger belt, I smoked and pressurized the intake and addressed a few minor leaks, installed rear 02 simms and replaced both knock sensors and harness. Check engine light is off and the car runs great and definitely quicker than my last Trans Am. I don't hear any more pinging up top and the knock detector on my Torque App also doesn't pick anything up.

The only thing is.... I only see 2-3 psi out of it MAX. It has LTs, ORY and Borla catback with no plate. Everything else is pretty much stock, I verified the injectors are the ones that came with the V9 G-trim kit.

I'm at about 5000 ft. above sea level so I know there should be some loss of boost with the altitude and mods. Does that sound about right? I thought it would have a little more OOMPH in it?

I'm saving up for a wideband so I have a better idea of what's going on before I step down to a smaller pulley and getting a real tune on it

I keep seeing older threads with guys hitting 460+rwhp with the exact same kit but I just don't feel like I'm close to that. Any tips or advice on what to do or check next?

Quick Reply: Need a little help with the new car!