Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

ASP Cogs???

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 03:27 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default ASP Cogs???

I'm really interested in the ASP cog setup for my D1SC, but I see that some are having trouble. Did ASP fix the problems? I want to spin my D1SC close (58,000 rpm) to it's max impeller speed of 62,000 rpm. I had ATI install a 8-rib blower pulley on my head unit when I had it upgraded to a D1SC but I thought the cogs would be better. Please post what problems the cogs are having and post if the 8 ribs pullies are not slipping at 14psi.
Thanks.,
Den
Old 05-24-2004, 01:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had COGS on my car, couldn't get it to work right, the tensioner setup is the main issue, you don't need a lot of tension, but the belt would start to jump around after 4K, when I took the belt off it was in excellent condition, Lee@ASP and mark (blwnTA) on here are working on getting it solved.......
Old 05-24-2004, 08:47 PM
7 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update is this....Lee at ASP is rushing me a new cog set-up. Larger pulley's with the same ratio to max the D1SC @ 6500 RPMS. Believe it will be a 85 tooth Crank Pulley and a 37 tooth SC Pulley. He already sent me a idler (shelf cut at 3.37") and he's making a 2.5" to send with the new cogs. That way we save time with a couple to try out. He's working very closely with me to solve the issue. Should have the new set-up in a week or so to trial fit. I will update everyone interested as soon as that happens. The goal is more belt wrap, larger cogs, and then a stable SC Bracket. We'll see.

Mark

Quick Reply: ASP Cogs???