Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Notes, Pics And Info On Our Tensioner

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 09:54 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Notes, Pics And Info On Our Tensioner

OK... I'm glad to see Jeremy got his working. Kyle, we're working on getting your issues resolved...Heath...we needed your proto back to determine the size of your crank...send that back as soon as you can and please call here so we can get some info on your install...
I'll post the instruction sheet on our website (www.sd-concepts.com)for everyone to review so we don't have issues with not seeing the arrows on the black and white copy that was sent with the kits. I'll add some more detailed notes from Scott that will hopefully clear it up a bit.
It seems some were putting the install tool on in the wrong position. We'll get better pics of this so there is no more confusion.
As far as the crank pulley, we think there are some slight differences between the years (1998) that are causing the sizes to be different. We needed to make the pulley a "standard" size and picked the bigger so that material could be removed. If we made them small to start with,we couldn't add material. So knowing the correct year of your car is critical for us to determine if this is the main factor for the difference.
As far as us selling you an ATI or a new OE balancer, we recommend the ATI because you all seem to want the most boost possible and like it was stated by KP (I think), stock balancers have no business making that kind of power - they make SFI balancers for a reason! Just our .02... the choice is ultimately yours - it's your wallet and your car!!
We are working on an updated pulley design so if you guys buy the 8 rib for a stock balancer then decide to upgrade to an ATI balancer, you won't have to buy new pulleys...
Keep the feedback coming so we can monitor everyone's progress...we'd like to make it better for those that will be getting their kits in the next couple weeks and from now on...thank you all for your help.
Old 05-24-2004, 01:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

That sounds good

Wendy, you get my stuff yet
Old 05-24-2004, 02:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

It wasn't that much work, and frankly I was prepared for a snag. There is always a few when doing something to these cars. I am glad it was an easy(abeit time consuming) fix. No stress here, well other than getting that crank bolt tightened to spec lying on your back lol.
Thanks Wendy,
Jeremy
Old 05-24-2004, 03:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BIGBOS
That sounds good

Wendy, you get my stuff yet
Not yet...is there a way you can track it?? YOu sent it to 244 west natick rd
warwick ri 02886, right?
Old 05-24-2004, 03:16 PM
TECH Senior Member