Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Exhaust sound help

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 03:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Exhaust sound help

I don't know if this is the right place to ask the questions but doing a search didn't turn up a single place for exhaust related questions to be asked so here goes.

As you can see in my signature I have a single turbo car with 3" down pipe going all the way to the back where it ties into the factory cme (2.5" each way) with no muffler. I like the looks of the cme however my car sounds like a Z71 and is really raspy and sounds crappy in my opinion. My question is what would sound good and not cause too much back pressure with the turbo I really don't want to choke anything out, I was thinking of just a single dynomax bullet 3" in and out or am I just doomed with the cme tips causing the rasp?

Anyone with sounds clips of turbo cars feel free to chime in, I'm all ears.

This is the only video I have of it, you cant really hear it here but I'll try to get a better on in the upcoming week.

Old 10-11-2014, 05:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the suggestion but your sound wont be close to mine being twin turbo.
Old 10-12-2014, 08:57 AM
8 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Your 2.5" pipes aren't helping and you have no muffler. Throw some 3" pipes and some bullets and it will sound completely different.
Old 10-12-2014, 03:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't think I have room currantly to run a 4" down pipe and the turbo only has a 3" outlet. Post k-member (Read post engine build) I plan to go to 4" or twins. Right now I have been debating something like a power stick 3" in the I portion of the pipe or 2 short single chamber tube type mufflers in the straight sections that connect to the tips. I would have to change tips to get 3" tube back there as the stock cme tips accept 2.5" and if I am to change tips I might as well put an entire cat back on the car or some 3" in to dual 2.5" out like the factory muffler.
Old 10-12-2014, 04:59 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Super Slow SS
I don't think I have room currantly to run a 4" down pipe and the turbo only has a 3" outlet. Post k-member (Read post engine build) I plan to go to 4" or twins. Right now I have been debating something like a power stick 3" in the I portion of the pipe or 2 short single chamber tube type mufflers in the straight sections that connect to the tips. I would have to change tips to get 3" tube back there as the stock cme tips accept 2.5" and if I am to change tips I might as well put an entire cat back on the car or some 3" in to dual 2.5" out like the factory muffler.
If You want to kill the rasp you need a set of mufflers.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by oscs
If You want to kill the rasp you need a set of mufflers.
I completely agree with you, I just don't know which ones to run and what options I have with the CME.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:53 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Super Slow SS
I completely agree with you, I just don't know which ones to run and what options I have with the CME.
Find a cheap set of bullets. It worked wonders for my car

Quick Reply: Exhaust sound help