Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

procharger pulley size

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 06:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default procharger pulley size

I'm looking at putting a P1SC on a stock 2001 LS1 from a vette. It is in a project truck of mine so I am working on designing a bracket now that mounts it a little higher and further away from the engine than the c5/c6 bracket.

The P1SC I bought is from a mustang so it spins in the correct direction, but I may need to reclock it. It has a 4" pulley on it.

What size pulley will give me 5-7psi? I plan on leaving the engine basically stock besides a cam/springs/pushrods/timing chain...etc. I'll probably get with Martin for the cam.

I want to leave everything 6 rib- which is why I am only interested in 5-7 psi. I guess another way I could ask the question is- what is the smallest pulley I can run before I get belt slip? Or massive belt slip?

Also- while I'm asking- what size IC piping? 2.5"? Going to run fmic a2a. Probably a cheapie from cxracing or similar.

I'm not looking to go drag racing but just to add a little pep to an already fun lsx swapped '49 chevy pickup.

Thanks!
Old 10-11-2014, 07:52 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

The diameter of the crank pulley is going to play into determining how much boost you'll see with an given blower pulley size. Having said that, I'd leave your 4.00 pulley on it and see what it produces, you should be in a boost range you're looking to see unless you're in a higher elevation.

How small you can go with a pulley size before running into belt slippage is going to depend on how well you end up designing your bracket. You don't want any bracket flex and you want to have plenty of belt wrap. Take a look at this link to the Aster Bracket I sell. http://shop.brutespeed.com/Aster-Aut...er-Bracket.htm This bracket eliminates belt slippage that happens with the 98-02 F Body when the boost is cranked up past 12-14 psi.

I would go with 3.00" intercooler tubing unless you have limited space, but 2.50" tubing will work. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Quick Reply: procharger pulley size