LQ9 block
stock 317 heads
LS6 cam and LS6 springs
LS6 intake
Pacesetter LTs
SLP LMOT2
6 speed stage 2 clutch
10 bolt with 3.90 gears.

my main question is what size injectors/fuel pump to run 8-10psi. not looking to make crazy power. would be happy around 550rwhp. but safety of motor is more concern then max power.

my guess was 60ibs injectors/ walbro 255 or Aero1000 in tank pump(maybe hotwire kit?) and 8 rib setup. do i need Meth at 8-10PSI of boost? do i need to upgrade spings to double stack or a single spring with higher rating?

so what do i have right and wrong? dont plan on changing heads or cam. i like the tam ideal and street manners of it.
Old 10-23-2014, 03:02 PM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

60 lb Ford GT500 injectors are 200 bucks.

If you upgrade springs, small single springs would work great with the ls6 cam, but at that power its probably not needed.

For a pump, the walbro 255 would get you around that power level. I would go ahead and get a bigger pump like a 340 or even walbro 400. Boost is addictive...
Old 10-23-2014, 03:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would DEFINITELY do a Walbro 400LPH or 450LPH. You will eventually want to turn it up.
Old 10-23-2014, 03:29 PM
9 Second Club

LQ9 block is a higher compression motor than the LQ4 block. You're at 10.1:1 vs. the LQ4 block at 9.4:1 ratio. Since this is supercharged you won't be able to vary boost between track and street so I'm assuming premium pump gas. Unless you plan on doing pulley changes on the fly.

So yes if you plan on adding 8-10PSI I would definitely use the insurance of a Water/Methanol kit. However I think you can get by without it if you stay at around 6-7PSI of boost. But I'd want others to chime on it since I'm a turbo guy and all my math is based on that. You may want to go to 8PSI to get the numbers since I'm not sure how bad the parasitic losses are these days on superchargers. 7 will be damned close though depending on back pressures and cam selection.

Figure on being able to add about a 50% increase in power at 6-7PSI with a modern supercharger. That being said you should safely be able to produce around 570RWHP with your stated stock numbers. With only 6-7PSI I don't see the need for a spring pressure increase but it certainly won't hurt. Those are an easy fix later on anyway.

Cam is something you should do some research on. I've seen folks do VERY well on a stock cam. Honestly mine is very mild but I'm sure exhaust lift/duration could add more on a supercharged motor vs. turbocharging.

Injector size can easily be calculated but you won't need more than 50lb injectors. But go big if you plan on upgrading later. I went from 42lb to 80lb to 100lb and now with 160lb injectors. People got smoking deals on picking up my used ones for a song. BTW I've always used matched injectors. All were tested to those numbers prior to being placed on my motor.

Your 10 bolt rear end and driveshaft need to be dealt with however. If you plan on launching anywhere with sticky track and sticky tires you're going to need a tow truck to get home. They don't call it the glass 10 bolt for nothing! LOL....

Good luck with the build.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:08 PM
Teching In

It's a street car on street tires. I'll gladly run less boost if it means I'll still hit around 550. I'll def run a bigger walbro and I'll look for the gt500 injectors.
Old 10-24-2014, 05:05 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

8 psi of boost with your compression ratio is not a problem.
60lb injectors are what I would use. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Quick Reply: FI new guy questions