Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

boost plus spray

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 03:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boost plus spray

So I have had a gm crate lsx block 376 for a few years. It has a small blower cam valve springs and head studs. Right now with 14 lbs of boost its around 730ish HP. Who thinks I should spray a 50 to 100 shot. I've been suprised at what this motor has done already.
Old 10-26-2014, 07:48 PM
Launching!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Just remember to jet the fuel on the rich side since you will typically pick up more than the rated nitrous jet when mixed with FI. For example I spray a 70 shot (40N @ 900psi) that makes 110 wheel on top of 10lbs of boost that makes 600. Also remember to pull some timing and sneak up on it. Let us know what you find.
Old 10-27-2014, 12:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I say go for it OP. Just do it smart and you'll be fine.
Old 10-27-2014, 05:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I don't know but it sounds like a hell of a good time. Have any of you guys done this. I'm curious what the gains may be like is a 75 shoot gonna make me pick up 150?
Old 10-27-2014, 07:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CyaPussy
Well I don't know but it sounds like a hell of a good time. Have any of you guys done this. I'm curious what the gains may be like is a 75 shoot gonna make me pick up 150?
Probably 115, But the real # will come in TQ. My 50 shot gave me 100 lbs as soon as it hit. That was through my Maggie. Not sure how it will react with your setup but you will no doubt pick up at least a 50% more than the face value. Mine was a wet shot .... Plenty of controversy on this point but you have to decide if you are going to stay small or get into a 150 or 200 shot. You can get away with a small shot dry. Good advice not to forget the timing & be sure you have the fuel system to handle the elevated #. The beauty of N2o & boost is that that expanded oxygen gets compressed under boost, a double wammmmy. The fuel has to be there & the tune needs less timing to prevent knock. I wanted to hit a big shot but didn't want to drive around with a dumbed down tune just to have it operate perfectly on the occasional hit. I contemplated a timing controller (that would have worked) but at the time I didn't want to lay out the cash & go down that rabbit hole.

In addition, the N2o tremendously cools the charge .... The lower IATs increase the power by default and that's were additional power comes in.

Quick Reply: boost plus spray