Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

I need some guidance

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 01:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some guidance

Ive been throwin the idea around of turboing my 84 mustang that im slowly swapping an l33 into. Already have 799 heads ported polished, 650 lift dual pac valve springs, block hot tanked, cylinders honed, cam bearings installed, going to get a forged rotating assembly hopefully by spring. Monster 6 puck clutch, 750hp rating. t56, need different rear end gears, currently 3.73's. Vic jr and id run a blow through carb. Mallory 140lph fuel pump, sumped stock tank, no regulator yet.

But I have a friend whos going to let me pic a turbo(s) out tonight for free that hes accumulated for an unknown reason. Pretty sure there all holeset turbos. SO do I go single or do something any 21yr old would do and go with twins and try to make it work? ill probably grab a matching set incase I feel like getting froggy.

Goals are to have a fun fast sort of reliable weekend warrior. Breaking into the 9's would be cool to eventually do. But no matter what route I go its going to be a slow project as being a full time student and working full time and not having a ton a spare ching all the time. Only bummer is the car is in storage for the winter here in Minnesnowta. Im fine with fabing my own hot and cold side and welding it all up. I do have a fairly large intercooler a friend gave me years ago so that would work for a single set up.

Opinions wanted! Happy Wrenching to all!!!!
Old 11-15-2014, 02:30 PM
Restricted User

Received 107 Likes on 89 Posts

We can't give you any kind of recommendation on singles or twins without knowing what size turbos.

I'd personally run a large single, its cheaper that way. Twins definitely win the cool factor. Its all up to you. Most of the holsets will get you 500 HP. Even an older H1C with an upgraded wheel is enough for 500 to the wheels.
Old 11-17-2014, 06:51 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welp the turbos were all off of 4.5L cummins industrial engines, small turbos. Im leaning for a bigger single once I go that route in the future

Quick Reply: I need some guidance