Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Plug wire question

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 12:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plug wire question

This is my first LS turbo setup. 5.3 with flipped manifolds, kinda. Passenger side is flipped and I've got the drivers side going under the converter and up beside the pass. side manifold. Ceramic coated inside and out. What are you guys doing to keep the plug wires happy? Will the Lava sleeves be enough to go through or do I run 2 around front and 2 around back? If I need custom length wires, where is the best place to get them? As its you can see its gonna be pretty hot.

Last edited by Five O; 11-16-2014 at 12:57 PM.
Old 11-16-2014, 01:22 PM
tc3
On The Tree

Im pretty sure ur going to have a problem no matter what you do unless you relocate the coils to the underside. I just dealt with this on my build and put pass side coils where ac comp normally is and drivers side on the opposite of the starter and ran lt1 style wires and no issues
Old 11-16-2014, 02:16 PM
Teching In

I thought about that too. I'd just need to move to passenger side. The drivers side is no different than stock but, I guess it would look pretty stupid to just move one side though. Do I just lengthen the harness? or is there something special I need to do?

Quick Reply: Plug wire question