Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Oil feed line for the Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 06:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Oil feed line for the Turbo

I have an 80 mm T6 turbo and was wondering where to hook the feed line from the motor. I'm using the lower driver's-side alternator mount so that one's out of the question. I was recommended to use the –6 line. Any suggestions? Also, it will need to be filtered.
Old 11-18-2014, 07:47 PM
12 Second Club

I pull oil from the oil pressure sensor on the valley cover, I have drilled and tapped and also used an aeroflow adapter.
Old 11-19-2014, 12:36 PM
TECH Resident

I, and several others, use the bypass port right above the oil filter. You can get an f-body port and tap it for an 1/8" or 1/4" npt, or there are countless manufacturers, cheap and expensive, that make covers for this port that are already tapped.

This port is already filtered by the oil filter before it goes into the rest of the motor.

This is also where I've tapped/teed in my oil pressure sender for my gauge, as it will tell me that I have oil pressure to my turbo at the same time. It also keeps me from over cluttering the back of my intake.
Old 11-19-2014, 04:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ryanleiker
I, and several others, use the bypass port right above the oil filter. You can get an f-body port and tap it for an 1/8" or 1/4" npt, or there are countless manufacturers, cheap and expensive, that make covers for this port that are already tapped.

This port is already filtered by the oil filter before it goes into the rest of the motor.

This is also where I've tapped/teed in my oil pressure sender for my gauge, as it will tell me that I have oil pressure to my turbo at the same time. It also keeps me from over cluttering the back of my intake.
This is where I put mine.
Old 11-19-2014, 05:38 PM
TECH Resident

Here's a shot of how I routed mine also. I ran a -4 flex line up to a bulkhead on my firewall. Then bent a hard line around to the fender by the turbo. Then another flex line to the turbo itself because it moves with the engine.

Quick Reply: Oil feed line for the Turbo